John Ramirez once worshipped the devil and carried out evil in the name of Satan.
Now a pastor, he knows all about the dark side.
He once sacrificed animals as part of satanic rituals, and his friends even called him "Lucifer's son."
In his book Armed and Dangerous: The Ultimate Battle Plan for Targeting and Defeating the Enemy, Ramirez details why Christians need to pray more effectively.
"I wrote this book because I wanted Christians to know that [there's] not only a defense spiritual warfare, but there's an offense spiritual warfare," he told CBN News. "We need to keep the devil, the devil in his place."
Ramirez said he was most effective in Satanism when believers were prayerless.
"I was able to go in there and capitalize and take a stand and a position in the spirit realm against the Christians who were not praying," he explained. "I took that territory away so I owned your neighbor; I owned your neighborhood; I owned your region because you didn't saturate with prayers. I beat you to it."
He also shared how when Christians did pray that it stopped his evil plans in their tracks.
"It is those believers, it's that group of people, those intercessors who gave me such a beatdown in the spiritual," he said. "When I came into the neighborhood and they were in the spirit together holding hands. Do I know they were physically holding hands in one area? I don't know, but in the spirit realm, they were holding hands. And, they were able to chase me out the neighborhood. No mission accomplished. Mission aborted, weakened my assignment and no mission accomplished because they knew something: They had the power in that neighborhood that I didn't have."
Ramirez now encourages Christians to broaden their prayers and to be sensitive to pray for the nation, schools and other areas.
He said, "If I know what's going on in my neighborhood, then I know what to lift up to the altar of God. And I think a lot of times we miss it because we have been called to be intercessors between life and death. We need to intercede for our neighborhood, our region, then our family, our loved ones, our husbands, wives, our workplaces."
After serving the devil for most of his life, he says that he wouldn't trade anything for what he's found in Christ.
"For 25 years of my life, I was able to do anything to anybody, anywhere," said Ramirez. "I count that all to be foolish to gain Christ. He's my Uno. He's the breath that I breathe. He walks with me. I can hear the sound of His voice in my ear."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details