Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Pro-life advocates are rejoicing over the recent ruling in Texas that stopped Medicaid from funding Planned Parenthood statewide. The Office of the Inspector General's (OIG) terminated the contract with the nation's largest abortion provider on Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021.
Texas is the 24th state to prohibit taxpayer money to fund abortions after Missouri became the first in January 2021.
But the fight is far from over.
The Super Bowl commercials remain some of the most highly anticipated (and expensive) promotional spots of the year. And as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs battled it out on the field, the Church of Scientology, widely regarded as a cult, served up another offering of New Age mystery in a spot that sparked controversy among viewers.
This year's ad, titled "Be More," at first seems innocent enough. Images of scenes from the pandemic and the stock market crash merge to those of individuals pursuing what the narration describes as "your purpose," "your passion," "your potential." The text calls viewers to "Be more. Be more!" until it concludes "Because no matter what we may face, nothing is stronger than the human spirit."
After that, the question "Curious?" appears on the screen, followed by "scientology.tv."
In an era of muzzled speech and shadow bans, it's time for Believers to wise up.
We need to finally admit what has been true for years. Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, Sundar Pichai, Jeff Bezos and the rest of the liberal tech and media decision makers control the narrative. These are leaders who have the right to promote or shut down activity that they deem appropriate or inappropriate for their respective businesses. The fact that their businesses are vehicles for our media makes no difference.
What they don't realize, as unbelievers in Jesus, is that they are being used. They are puppets of a wicked, devious spirit that intends to mold society as it sees fit. They are drones being manipulated and navigated to fly high above the culture so as to capture and punish unsanctioned behavior. This is the world we live in.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details