Christopher Ruddy, CEO of the fast-rising Newsmax TV, has a challenge to Christian believers stunned by the recent election: Former President Donald J. Trump will remain a political and media force worldwide.
"President Trump has a monumental record, a legacy that has done so much good, and I believe much will continue, including his consequential policies on China, peace in the Middle East, North Korea and in particular his important work on promoting religious freedom not only worldwide, but also here at home." Ruddy says.
While he suggests the former president should take a step back from domestic politics for a period, he predicts Trump will rise again as President Joe Biden's policies become clearer.
Ruddy, who has a long history in media and is also a longtime friend of the former president, has a deep concern for First Amendment rights.
"It is very concerning that from Twitter to Facebook to all the other platforms, you cannot even discuss the possibility of fraud in the election in any way. We are seeing an across-the-board attack on freedom of the press and religion that is unprecedented," he says.
A believing Christian, Ruddy says his Catholic faith has been vital in his media work.
Newsmax, according to Ruddy, has seen explosive growth in the wake of the recent election and the growing dissatisfaction of many conservatives with Fox News.
Nielsen currently ranks Newsmax the fourth highest-rated cable news channel in the United States. Ruddy says since Election Day, more than 5 million people have downloaded the free Newsmax app on their smartphones.
Available on most cable and OTT platforms, Newsmax TV has become a must-watch destination channel for conservatives and those who believe in Judeo-Christian values.
Based on his decades-old relationship with Trump, Ruddy has a unique view on his efforts: "I believe one of the most important things the president did was in the area of being an advocate for opposing religious persecution in America and around the world." He adds that Trump can be a strong advocate for religious freedom in his post-presidential years.
Ruddy says, "The big concern is that America is changing and becoming dramatically more liberal and Democratic." America, he says, depends on a vibrant two-party system and sees a real danger if one party becomes too powerful.
He also suggests that citizens concerned about the future of the country should get involved at every level, but especially in the local level, starting with something as simple as a school board or town council.
Amir George directs the World Helpline. He can be reached at whl on CloutHub. He urges anyone who wants to be a part of daily prayer on Capitol Hill at 7:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. to contact email@example.com.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details