Strategic teacher and consultant Lance Wallnau says MorningStar Ministries' founder Rick Joyner nailed it when describing the prayers of many Christians during the 2020 presidential election.
It's not that believers weren't praying fervently for then-President Donald Trump and for the country. It's that their prayers weren't executed in humility and focused on God's will.
"I was listening to Rick Joyner recently, and Rick said something to the effect that we didn't give God the house he wanted," Wallnau said in a recent Facebook video. "And for this reason, I don't think we saw the prevailing success we were looking for.
"The Lord spoke to Rick about 2 Chronicles 7:14, which says, 'If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.' The Lord told Rick that most of the prayers that were prayed were for temporal issues. They weren't seeking, in a sense, for the kingdom to come; they were praying for an election, a temporary intervention of God, not the kingdom. Few humbled themselves, and even less were seeking His face.
"I don't know that we were seeking His face, meaning seeking regardless of the election, regardless of the socialist takeover of America. We shouldn't have been praying just to get a result in the election, but just to seek His will, His heart, His desire, His presence and His communion.
"The Lord said, 'There is a lot of prayer, but few are humbling themselves,' and even less were turning from their wicked ways. ... We don't even know what is grieving His Spirit. Many people sought for an outcome but they were not seeking His face."
Despite the fact that President Joe Biden now sits in the White House, Wallnau believes God still has a plan for America.
"God is not done yet," Wallnau said. "God's purposes are going to be wrought. Maybe it will happen now because we don't have Donald Trump as our Maximus in the arena fighting for us. I believe that what we are experiencing is a discipline. Judgment begins in the house of God. Maybe we are experiencing a little adjustment now.
"His discipline is not for our destruction, but it is for the purpose of making us the vessels of deliverance for this nation. Like Paul, we can be there in the storm and turn this circumstance into an occasion for that awakening and vision of God. The unity of God is nonnegotiable, and we are going to come into that unity, but we must remember that humility is the prerequisite of that unity."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details