"This happened because false brothers were secretly brought in, who sneaked in to spy out our liberty, which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage" (Gal. 2:4).
The highest law in our land is the U.S. Constitution. Amendments to the Constitution are found in the Bill of Rights, which guarantees that the government can never deprive people in the U.S. of certain fundamental rights.
Some of the first rights mentioned are most significant, including the right to freedom of religion, free speech and the due process of law.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito said the COVID-19 pandemic has led to "previously unimaginable" curbs on individual liberty, singling out restrictions on religious events. "We have never before seen restrictions as severe, extensive and prolonged as those experienced for most of 2020. ... It pains me to say this, but in certain quarters, religious liberty is fast becoming a disfavored right."
Blow the Trumpet and Sound the Alarm
Religious liberty as we know it could soon drastically change. The events we have seen transpire over this past year will no doubt have lasting effects on our religious liberties. However, we must stand and "fight the good fight of faith" no matter the cost.
As Christians, we are commissioned to "go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). No matter what changes may take place in our government in 2021, our commission is still the same.
For the Word of the Lord tells us, "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10).
Decree with us the following:
— "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Corinthians 3:17; NASB1995).
— "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).
— "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free" (Gal. 5:1, KJV).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details