Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
Two weeks prior to Wednesday's inauguration of President Joe Biden, thousands of National Guard troops deployed to Washington, D.C., to protect the Capitol after the deadly breach of Jan. 6. But after reports of their mistreatment spurred outrage among lawmakers and other government officials, rapid changes took place.
On Thursday, troops were forced to vacate the Capitol for breaks during their 12-hour shifts and move outdoors or into nearby parking garages, Politico reported. Photos of Guard members sleeping together on the ground quickly went viral along with comments decrying the change. "I've never in my entire career felt like I've been booted onto the curb and told, 'figure it out on your own,'" tweeted one guardsman.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott responded in outrage before ordering those troops to return to their home state.
Jan. 20 is past, and Joe Biden, not Donald Trump, is the president of the United States. To all those who prophesied that Trump would serve a second consecutive term and assured us that he would be inaugurated on Jan. 20, I appeal to you in the strongest possible terms: Admit your error, take full responsibility and do not, under any circumstances, continue to put a false hope into the hearts of God's people.
What you prophesied did not come to pass.
There is not an alternative, spiritual reality in which Trump is still functioning as president.
I was honored to be part of an assembly of faith leaders who supported, counseled and prayed for former President Donald Trump. As a Christian leader, I feel as though one of the believer's highest callings—after surrendering to Jesus Christ—is to support and submit to our governing authorities (see Rom. 13:1-7).
Given the invitation and opportunity, I'd gladly do so for our new president, Joe Biden.
I have prayed privately and publicly for American presidents going back to former President Carter. I've prayed for presidents I've agreed with and presidents I've disagreed with. I believe it is what every Christian is called on by God to do. Paul wrote, "I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth" (1 Tim. 2:1-4, NLT).
I intend to do just that for our new president.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details