As charismatics and evangelicals, it's a new day for us as well. Many of us, perhaps most of us, thought former President Trump would win, and many of us hoped and prayed he would. It's a new day, but where do we stand within it?
Prophetic minister Bobby Conner of Eagles View Ministries has a simple but powerful word for believers who may be confused or even despondent as they look at the days ahead: "Our top priority is to build on a solid, sure scriptural, biblical foundation."
In times like this, Conner says, "People begin to look everywhere else except the Bible. Hosea says in Hosea Chapter 4, verse 6, 'My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.' And the Bible talks about if we don't—if we're not rooted and grounded in the Word of God—we're capable of being tossed around by every strange wind of doctrine."
Conner says he believes God is telling us we must get our focus back on Him. "Jesus said it this way: 'Men's hearts failing them for the things they see coming upon the earth,'" he explains. "And yes, it doesn't mean we stick our head in the ground like an ostrich. ... We look at what's happening. But we don't focus on that. We focus on Isaiah 26:3, 'Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed upon Thee.'
"So the devil, he knows that he's going to do everything he can to disturb and distract and get the people of God in a place of fear," Conner adds. "But the Bible says, 'God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a well-disciplined mind, a sound mind.' And so what we've got to do now, I believe, is we've to get our focus back up on the foundation of the Word of God."
For more encouragement from prophet Bobby Conner about keeping our hearts aligned with the Lord's no matter what lies ahead, listen to the entire Strang Report podcast here, and share it with friends and family who may need his Spirit-filled reminder. Be sure to subscribe to the Strang Report on Apple Podcasts or on the Charisma Podcast Network for more stories that encourage you in the Holy Spirit.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details