The coronavirus continues to hit the country hard, and pastoral staffs of churches are no exception. Bob Bryant, the associate pastor of benevolence at Water of Life Community Church in in Fontana, California, died Monday after suffering a silent heart attack, pneumonia and kidney problems. He was diagnosed with COVID-19 more than a week ago.
Water of Life is a 7,000-member charismatic church pastored by Dan Carroll. Bryant's wife, Lori, also a member of the church staff, tested positive for COVID-19 but is recovering.
Carroll posted this message on Water of Life's Facebook page about Bryant's death:
"It is with heavy hearts that we share Pastor Bob Bryant passed earlier today from this life and found himself fully in the presence of Jesus. So many of you have prayed and contended for his well-being and miraculous healing over the last week and half. It's been inspiring to watch our church family come together to contend for Pastor Bob and care for the Bryant family.
"Please continue to pray for Lori, Missy, Jacob, Jordan and Josh. They are our family and we can continue to lift them up in powerful ways as we journey with them through this incredibly difficult time.
"Today Pastor Bob is where he has always loved to be, in the presence of Jesus. He loved God and he loved people with great passion. We celebrate his life and how he lived and influenced us to love like Jesus loved!"
Lori Bryant posted this message on Facebook the day her husband passed away:
Joyce Macek Carlsen, a former staff member of Water of Life Church, posted this about Bryant on the church's Facebook page:
"This man was on staff with me at for over twenty years. When I retired in 2017, he was still going strong. In all those years, every conversation, rant or pity party I imposed on him was always turned to Jesus. Bob was one of the strongest prayer warriors I've ever known. His compassion and kindness are legendary, his faith was unshakable. He and his wife are a kingdom power couple.
"Hell may think it had a victory, but Bob's legacy lives on to touch many more lives with healing and wholeness ... and I know there will be some amazing stories from Lori. Bob is in the arms of Jesus, a place he's been in, in the Spirit, many times. Now he's there for real. Please pray for Lori, the family and friends, who are left to adjust to a new normal."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer