Victor Glover has made history.
He's not only the first Black astronaut ever to begin a full six-month stint on the orbiting lab with NASA, but he's taking the James 2:20 admonition, "faith without works is dead" to another dimension. The SpaceX Crew Dragon is the first commercially developed spacecraft ever certified by NASA and the FAA to carry astronauts to and from low-earth orbit, reports CBS News.
Before launching his flight to the International Space Station, where he will live and work for six months, Glover ensured his spirit won't run out of nourishment.
"I actually sent up Communion cups and a Bible, and we have really good internet connectivity," Glover tells the Christian Chronicle.
Through the stellar internet connection, Glover also plans to continue his Earth-habits of attending church virtually. Across multiple interviews, Glover stresses the importance of his faith to this mission.
"We [at NASA] do a lot of different types of team training, and some of it is just to build resilience so you can handle being up there in isolation," Glover says. "It's important to have different ways of finding encouragement, and for me, my family and my church and my Bible and praying are going to be a big source of that."
A popular question to ask an astronaut seems to be: "Do you feel closer to God in space?"
In a live interview from space NASA tweeted Glover describing the remarkable view of Earth:
"There are no words to describe it. It was an amazing, once in a lifetime feeling."
NASA's Meet the Astronaut video of Glover introduces Glover as the man of faith he is.
In his opening remarks, Glover gives thanks to God for the blessing of his career and the opportunity to pursue his God-given passion.
"First and foremost, I'm just grateful to God and to my family. To work and live in space is just a humbling and amazing blessing in and of itself. This is a test pilot's dream," he says.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details