The fight for life is heating up in Massachusetts, where Democratic lawmakers are attempting to expand abortion rights, and they're trying to do it by slipping their abortion agenda into the state's 2021 budget.
The ACLU and other Left-wing groups are lobbying for the proposed budget amendment No. 759 which mirrors the stalled R.O.E Act (which stands for Remove Obstacles and Expand Access to Abortion). The amendment would reportedly legalize late-term abortion up through the ninth month of pregnancy, under the guise of "fatal fetal abnormality."
The budget amendment would also roll back current requirements that mandate minors must receive consent for an abortion from either a parent or judge.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports the state's pro-choice Republican Gov. Charlie Baker has said he opposes late-term abortions and supports current state abortion laws.
However, House Speaker Robert DeLeo and Senate President Karen Spilka, who are behind the proposal, say they worry about a now conservative-leaning Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.
"We are very concerned that Massachusetts' women's reproductive rights are under threat at the national level," the pair told The Boston Globe. "We are therefore committed to debate measures in the House and Senate this session that would remove barriers to women's reproductive health options and protect the concepts enshrined in Roe v. Wade."
Massachusetts Republican Party Chairman Jim Lyons faulted DeLeo and Spilka for pushing the amendment.
"For them to decide that the height of an emergency health pandemic is a good time to do something like this is absolutely disturbing," Lyons said in a press release.
Read the rest of this story from our content partner CBN.com here.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details