We've all faced hard times during the COVID-19 pandemic: death or serious illness of friends and family members, job loss, financial hardships, isolation and more. And Kimberly Jones, "Real Talk Kim," understands. In fact, she says, "I've gone through the worst year ever this year. But it's turned out to be the best year because I changed the way I'm looking at it."
The power of changing perspective is what she shares in her most recent book, Shut Hell Up, and it's also the power she practices in her own life. "I was raised in a very strict religion, and I always thought that if you shouted hard enough, or if you fell on the floor and did a courtesy fall for God, then everything was going to go away because God was a genie in a bottle," she says.
But after recovering from her own bad choices earlier in life and enduring many trials, including the death of her father this year, Jones says, "I started looking at mishaps in life, bad choices in life, divorce, hurt, pain—I started looking at it like it's free life college, like God is trusting you. And it changes the perspective, it changes the way that you look at your situations and your storms. You really can dance in the puddles. And it helps the storms go away quicker when you start changing your perspective.
"And so I just realized that Romans 8:28 says that God is working all things together for your good," Jones says. "That means He is going to work that 'x' thing for your good. He's going to work that situation out for your good, that health crisis for your good; He has got it all worked out.
"So I think we begin to focus on God, and not focus on what's going on around us," Jones adds. "I shifted the way I handled turmoil in life and storms in life when I finally realized, Ohhhh, devil, you are going to wish you would mess with somebody else, because I'm about to get my tail up. And when I get my tail up, I'm about to pull as many people up out of their hell as I can.
"And so I think that's the key looking at it: As long as you ain't dead, God ain't done," she says. "As long as you've got a pulse, God's got a plan. And so if you just get up, He's going to give you a bestseller. Everybody's got a story—might as well make yours a bestseller."
To hear more from Real Talk Kim about how you can change your perspective on life and "shut hell up," click here to listen to the entire podcast. And be sure to share it with friends, family and others who may be in the midst of serious challenges. Jones' Spirit-birthed firepower will help move them into victory!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details