President Trump has nominated Amy Coney Barrett as the successor to the U.S. Supreme Court seat left vacant following the death of Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Sept. 18. Trump's nomination of Barrett is drawing praise from the American Family Association (AFA), which advocates from a biblical worldview for the constitutional rights of parents and children.
Barrett, a mother of seven and a Catholic, was appointed by Trump as a judge on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2017.
AFA is urging the U.S. Senate to swiftly confirm Barrett prior to the November 2020 presidential election. AFA Vice President Ed Vitagliano says the nomination is urgent and important to the moral and legal trajectory of the United States.
"Elections really do have consequences, and the election of Donald Trump in 2016 has proved that adage over and over again," Vitagliano said. "We fully support the president's decision to submit conservative, constitutionalist nominees to the Senate before the election. That is part of the president's authority granted in the Constitution. The replacement of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, by all accounts one of the most liberal justices in U.S. history, with an originalist conservative, will perhaps signal a return to sanity on the Supreme Court.
"Moreover, the upcoming Nov. 3 election is just as important as the 2016 election," Vitagliano continued. "In fact, in light of the radical turn taken by the 'progressive' Left in America, it could be argued that this year's election is even more important."
AFA is calling on Christian families across America to register to vote, because their vote could influence not only which elected officials will serve during the next few years but also which appointed judges will serve for decades, potentially ruling on family issues ranging from religious liberty to sexuality to abortion.
"AFA encourages Bible-believing Christians to make sure they are registered to vote and actually cast a ballot in 2020," Vitagliano said. "The very future of our republic depends on it."
For more than 40 years, AFA has operated within the mission to inform, equip, and activate individuals to strengthen the moral foundations of American culture and give aid to the church here and abroad in its task of fulfilling the Great Commission. Visit AFA Action Alerts here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer