Editor's Note: Although "The Return" has ended, the spirit of the event has not. Watch the replay of the livestream at this link.
Over the final hours of its main event, "The Return" brought forth powerful prayers from great faith leaders around the world, centered around the themes of:
—Repentance and Intercession for America.
—Prayers for the Nations, Repentance/Petitions.
—Prayers for Revival.
Co-chair Kevin Jessip led the charge with the words, "We've been praying for this for five years. ... The remnant bride of Christ has shown up today."
Dr. James Dobson prayed that from this event we would see the third Great Awakening in America, saying, "May it sweep over the land like a tidal wave."
Prayers arose over the sins of our nation, against the attacks of the enemy and that we as a people would repent of our abominations: abortion, disunity, addiction and countless others.
Doug Stringer of Somebody Cares U.S./International offered a poignant call for repentance, recognizing the battle waging for the soul of our nation. He said, "Forgive us for not being a tangible expression of You to the world around us."
But in hope, revivalist Rick Curry reminded the multiplied thousands assembled in person and online, "It begins today."
No longer will Americans be silent. "The Return" served as a testament to the revival stirring within hearts across the nation and around the world. On the Washington Mall, thousands proclaimed their faith without restriction or fear.
Actors and homeschool advocates Kevin and Sam Sorbo implored, "Let us be courageous on behalf of our young ones." The couple prayed specifically for broken homes to be healed and for children to be protected from the evil influence of our culture, quoting Malachi 4:6a, "He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers."
After a worship session that included a moving rendition of "Way Maker" with Christian music artist Michael W. Smith, the afternoon came to a close with co-chair Jonathan Cahn proclaiming the Abrahamic blessing, offering prayer over the four corners of the earth, and the triumphant sounding of the seven trumpets and shofars.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details