Liberty Counsel has filed the reply on behalf of Harvest Rock Church and Harvest International Ministry regarding the request for an emergency motion for injunction pending appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals regarding Gov. Gavin Newsom's unconstitutional orders.
Within 45 minutes of filing the motion last Friday, the court ordered Gov. Newsom to respond by 5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, and Harvest Rock Church to reply on Wednesday by 5:00 p.m. PTD. In his response, the governor has not presented any legitimate evidence to justify his discriminatory orders that prohibit all worship, including home Bible studies and fellowship with anyone who does not live in the home. Yet Gov. Newsom continues to encourage mass gatherings of protesters throughout the state.
The Court of Appeals could rule at any time on the emergency request.
The lawsuit challenges both the total ban on in-person worship (including in private homes) in the counties on the "County Monitoring List" and the ban on singing and chanting in the remaining counties. In addition to in-person worship at Harvest Rock Church, the church also has many life groups, which are home Bible studies and fellowship groups. These too are prohibited under Gov. Newsom's July 6 (no singing and chanting) and July 13 (no worship) orders. Yet while he discriminates against churches, home Bible studies and fellowship meetings, he allows feeding, counseling and housing people in the same building where worship services occur. Newsom argues that only the worship services should be prohibited while the other nonreligious services should be allowed.
Gov. Newsom has also encouraged thousands of protesters to gather throughout the state. Pasadena has allowed hundreds and thousands of protesters, and neither the Pasadena Public Health Department nor the Pasadena prosecutor have attempted to stop the protests in which people are crowded together, many of them not wearing masks.
Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver said, "Governor Gavin Newsom has not presented any legitimate evidence to justify his discriminatory orders because there is none. He cannot state why thousands of protesters are less 'dangerous' to public health than a responsibly distanced and sanitized worship service."
This article originally appeared at lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer