After flying into Kenosha, Wisconsin, President Trump toured the damaged areas of Kenosha, then met with six people who had lost their businesses through the riots, telling them, ""We'll help you rebuild. This is a great area, a great state." He then convened a meeting of leaders including Attorney General William Barr; Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; and the local congressman, chief of police, head of homeland security and Christian leaders. These included Pastor James E. Ward Jr. and his co-pastor and wife, Pastor Sharon, of Insight Church. Pastor James has been the pastor of the family of Jacob Blake, still hospitalized after being shot multiple times by Kenosha police on Aug. 24, for more than 30 years.
Partway through the meeting, the president asked Pastor James, "Would you lead us in prayer?" Pastor James then led in a powerful prayer for unity and for the power of God to take over the situation in Kenosha as the entire room bowed in prayer. Pastor Sharon also explained to the president how intercessory prayer was being raised to defuse the situation, saying, "I represent intercessors. We need to bring change until we can bring our nation back to the place of moral law."
Pastor James then spoke to the president, saying, "Jesus Himself was the peacemaker, and we want to be of service to you about how we build the foundations of spirituality and morality. I would like to say we are here to be of service to you and our country, and we can help, listen and have empathy. We want to be of service to you and our nation to bring healing. We are available."
According to bestselling author of God, Trump and COVID-19 Stephen Strang, "somehow God's hand was upon this man," referring to the president, who amazingly, saw as his most important job going to the middle of a disaster area—Kenosha, Wisconsin—to gather the main parties into one room and then ask a local Black pastor to ask God to help solve the situation.
In just 63 days, without a miracle, and in particular without the 37 million Christians who did not vote in 2016 failing to mobilize in prayer and get every friend, distant relative and anyone they know to register and vote, such scenes of the love and power of the Lord Jesus Christ made "job one" by the leader of the free world will forever disappear.
Amir George is the author of Liberating Iraq and directs The World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org.
People Needed: Capitol Hill Daily Prayer 7:30 a.m./12 p.m., Hart Senate Office Building, Constitution Ave./Supreme Court entrance.
Even if you can't come, please pause to pray at 7:30/12 and let us know at email@example.com.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.