Reviews for the new Joe Biden-Kamala Harris ticket, presumptive nominee for the Democratic Party in the 2020 presidential race, have seemed predictable so far, falling largely along expected party lines. However, Franklin Graham took to Twitter Wednesday to share what he called "a great concern" with his fellow Christians.
Noting that Biden and Harris "are labeled as the most pro-abortion presidential ticket in the history of our nation," Graham added, "As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am pro-life & believe every life is precious to God."
.@JoeBiden & @KamalaHarris are labeled as the most pro-abortion presidential ticket in the history of our nation. This should be a great concern to all Christians. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am pro-life & believe every life is precious to God. https://t.co/SkKccmuZlH— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) August 13, 2020
Though a May Gallup poll found that "almost a quarter of Democrats consider themselves pro-life, but Biden, who is Catholic, and Harris, a Baptist believer, both support abortion rights, in stark contrast to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence," a Fox News report states. And a group known as Democrats for Life is now seeking to make its voice heard about the concerns it also has about Biden's and Harris' avowed pro-abortion stance, saying it will "further alienate 21 million Democratic voters," according to Catholic News Agency EWTN News Nightly.
Unlike his father, famed evangelist Billy Graham, who advised multiple presidents but took care not to express political views, the younger Graham seems to have no qualms about expressing his. He spoke out on Bill Clinton's affair with an intern and has at various times expressed his support of President Trump. But the pro-life cause clearly has the evangelist's heart. In previous interviews, he has made it clear that Christians have a biblical obligation to vote pro-life.
"When God speaks, and He does so through Scripture, all of us should listen," said Graham in a 2019 CNS News report. "The Bible says we are knit together by God in our mother's womb (Ps. 139:13)."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details