The August issue of Charisma has an incredible cover story about pastors Henry and Alex Seeley, who have invited the Holy Spirit to descend on Nashville, Tennessee. My podcast today is a conversation with them in which they tell their story of how the Lord led them from Australia to Nashville, where they started a ministry called "The Belonging Co."
As they say in the interview and also in the article, they derived the name from both the term "companion" and the old French military term "compaignie," which means "body of soldiers."
The article is full of great quotes, such as Alex saying, "True humility is in serving, and it doesn't matter what name you're given in the world's eyes. We're all sons and daughters of God, and we all get to be celebrated."
Another one by Henry: "We've seen a real hunger for something more than to be impressed by a message or entertained by some good singing. People want a tangible encounter with God." This has led to their church motto, "We desire encounter over entertainment, presence over presentation, intimacy over industry, people over position and Jesus over everything."
There is no need for me to repeat everything that is in the article, which appeared previously online, and which you can read here.
I mentioned on the podcast that tomorrow, Aug. 5, is the 45th anniversary of the day the first issue of Charisma came off the press. We are not really celebrating the anniversary, but I do want to thank God for His grace to allow Charisma to grow to be the media company we are today.
Even though times have changed and technology has changed since 1975 when we started, the motto originally was "The magazine about Spirit-led living." Today we say that we want to "Inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit." Tomorrow I will share in my newsletter the column I wrote in the August issue of Charisma about that calling and our vision.
Click here if you'd like to subscribe to Charisma and receive a special offer that includes my most recent book, God, Trump and COVID-9. As usual, please share this newsletter with others and be sure to listen to the podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details