Tim Keller, a well-known theologian, itinerant speaker and founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, revealed Sunday he is being treated for pancreatic cancer.
"Less than three weeks ago, I didn't know I had cancer," he announced.
The 69-year-old preacher first shared the news on Instagram.
"I feel great and have no symptoms," Keller wrote. "It was what doctors call an 'incidental pickup,' otherwise known as providential intervention. I have terrific human doctors, but most importantly, I have the Great Physician himself caring for me."
Through the treatments he has endured in the last few weeks, the famous preacher said God "has been remarkably present."
Keller has previously battled thyroid cancer. In a 2008 interview with First Things, he said that experience held him eliminate doubts he had about God—uncertainties he didn't even realize were there.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.