Three governors have vowed to halt abortions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ohio was the first to stop abortion clinics from performing abortions that weren't medically needed. On Saturday, Ohio Attorney General David Yost sent a letter to clinics ordering them to stop abortions in order to inhibit the spread of the coronavirus, reports NBC.
Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Sunday night to halt elective procedures so as to expand hospital bed capacity, reports CBS News. That includes any abortions that are not deemed medically necessary.
"No one is exempt from the governor's executive order on medically unnecessary surgeries and procedures, including abortion providers," Attorney General Ken Paxton told CBS News. "Those who violate the governor's order will be met with the full force of the law."
Republican Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves followed suit, saying he would take action against abortion clinics if they continued offering abortions during the coronavirus outbreak, reports the Hill. He said abortions should count as elective procedures, which in many states have come to a halt.
Dr. James Dobson praised the governors of Texas and Ohio for their bold decisions and said other governors across the nation should follow their example. He issued the following statement:
Our nation and our world are in the midst of a pandemic that is claiming thousands of lives, and the U.S. is taking drastic measures to protect people during this unprecedented time.
So why are abortionists seeking to operate business as usual?
Abortion is neither health care nor essential. It is the ultimate selfish act, the taking of lives in the name of "choice." Abortion is not life-protecting—it ends the life of an unborn child, and irreversibly changes the lives of so many others.
Thankfully, some governors are taking action and issuing executive orders to halt "elective surgeries"—this should most certainly include abortion procedures. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine are two who have acted decisively and boldly. They have my deepest thanks!
But where are the other 48? As my friend Janet Porter, president of Faith2Action, says, "There can be no 'sacred cows' in a pandemic." Let's remind every governor of this reality, and demand that they order Planned Parenthood and its ilk to put up the "closed" sign. During this unparalleled health crisis, we need to be about saving lives and not carrying out this blatant evil of abortion that kills them.
Use this link (usa.gov/state-
governor) to contact your governor's office today, and encourage a statement to be issued that immediately STOPS elective abortions!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details