Nick Hall, founder of the Millennial-led evangelism movement Pulse and visionary behind the 2020 national Year of the Bible campaign, is launching a new daily Instagram TV series to help people stay spiritually healthy during the coronavirus outbreak.
"The Bible Quarantine" explores subjects that are currently dominating the national discussion in America, such as the meaning of church when people physically cannot meet together for worship and how to deal with fear in the face of the uncertain. Each episode is seven to eight minutes long and is posted at 9 p.m. ET. The series' first episode, "Closed on Sunday," received an initial 11,400 views across platforms.
"If I'm honest, this started as a goofy idea. I posted an image of a show idea called 'The Bible Quarantine' with the caption 'Because man shall not live on Netflix alone.' I was half joking, but it got a very strong response because people are looking for hope and encouragement during this time of uncertainty," Hall said.
Hall says the episodes are designed "to encourage you, make you laugh, and challenge you to make the most of this pause in our busy lives.
"I think God's Word is going to speak to us during this time—and I believe this can be a life-defining season if we invite God in," Hall said.
"The Bible Quarantine" is one of many resources Pulse has made available so people can pursue spiritual health and development as they practice social distancing during the coronavirus outbreak.
Pulse also released the mobile app Move Closer, a digital discipleship platform designed to bring people together for the sake of the gospel. The app combines community, teaching and a simple interface to empower everyday people to disciple everyday people. The app features devotional content, Scripture study plans and videos to engage users in uplifting discussions on a variety of topics.
In addition to these resources, Year of the Bible has resources available so people can begin their own year of engaging with Scripture. Among these resources are Together in Scripture, a 12-month plan to dive into the story of the Bible with a global community; The Bible Recap, a daily podcast hosted by Tara-Leigh Cobble; and The Bible Project, which features short, animated videos on each book of the Bible, and biblical themes and concepts.
"We have a choice," Hall said. "We can sit in fear or we can use this forced Sabbath as a time to slow down and come back to what matters."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer