Parents in North Carolina have criticized a school survey that sought to ask children as young as 11 about their "gender identity" and sexual orientation.
Pupils were given a range of gender identity options to choose from, including "gender fluid" and "non-binary," and were asked whether they were "transgender."
Students were also asked to describe their sexual orientation, with categories such as "asexual," "pansexual" and "questioning my sexual orientation."
Following the backlash, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools announced it had removed the three controversial questions.
One concerned parent said: "I have no trust in my child's schooling anymore."
A pupil added: "Some of these questions definitely crossed the line and were way too invasive."
Earnest Winston, Superintendent of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, said an investigation was being held into who was responsible for including the controversial questions.
In 2017, the NHS backtracked after it included a question about gender identity in a survey for primary school children.
A survey by the Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust asked Year Six pupils: "Do you feel the same inside as the gender you were born with?"
The question provoked an outcry from parents and MPs who described it as "deeply worrying" and "intrusive."
Parent Lyndsey Simpson, whose then 10-year-old daughter received the survey, said: "I don't want someone putting into my daughter's head that she might not be happy with her own gender."
25 Gender Options
In 2016, Brighton schoolchildren were given a survey listing 25 gender options, including "tri-gender" and "demi-boy."
The pupils were told they could choose "as many as they wanted" from a variety of responses alongside "girl," "boy," "female" and "male."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details