Nick Hall—founder of the Millennial-led evangelism movement PULSE—and over 300 influential, Christian leaders rallied around the Year of the Bible campaign Wednesday at a multi-generational, multi-denominational and multi-racial gathering at Washington's Museum of the Bible.
The D.C. Leaders Gathering, convened by Hall and PULSE, highlighted the Year of the Bible—the largest collaborative campaign in history to see more Bible engagement in the U.S. and across the world.
"Today, we are here praying for and launching what we believe is a Bible revival—to see a generation hunger and thirst for the Word of God," Hall said. "Not hype, not noise, not the next event, not the next 'rah rah' crowd moment, but a life lived and rooted in the word and committed to Jesus."
For Hall, the Year of the Bible is not simply another campaign or project. It's part of his personal journey of faith of traveling as an itinerant preacher and evangelist, speaking in front of crowds, only to realize he didn't love the Bible.
"I've been preaching and traveling for 20 years, and I would say for 12 of those years I didn't love the Bible," Hall said. "I'm preaching from the Bible, I'm quoting the Bible, I know the Bible, but I don't love the Bible."
"I was like, 'God!'—I was repenting—'Man, I'm out here, and I don't love Your Word!""
Hall noted that his story is not unique. Many Christians in America, especially the younger generations, have fallen out of love with the Bible.
"We taught a generation today in the church how to love good speakers and how to love good worship, but we haven't taught them how to love the Word of God," he said.
The campaign has tools, resources and events designed to help people engage once again with the bestselling book in history. Hall defines it as, "Year of the Bible is the year in a person's life when they fall in love with the Bible."
Among the guest speakers and performers for the event were Rev. Enid M. Almanzar, senior mobilizer for the American Bible Society; Pastor Joel Galán from Asociación Evangélica de Ministros Hispanos; David Bowden of Spoken Gospel and worship artist Cody Carnes.
The event also featured panels with organizations such as the popular media creators The Bible Project; The Bible Recap podcast hosted by Tara-Leigh Cobble and The Bible Study, who are designing and providing resources for the Year of the Bible; and Tyler Zak, founder of Alabaster, which makes The Beautiful Bible.
PULSE is partnering with The Table Coalition, American Bible Society, GO 2020, Museum of the Bible, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, Assemblies of God, YouVersion and Ravi Zacharias International Ministries to promote Year of the Bible.
The campaign will include "Let It Speak" summits in cities across America throughout 2020 to convene pastors and ministry leaders for a time of inspiration, education and resourcing around Scripture engagement. It will culminate on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on June 20 as tens of thousands are expected to gather for Together 2020, a 12-hour event that will include performances from bands such as Passion, Hillsong Y&F and Lecrae; messages from David Platt, Nick Hall and more; and special exhibits from Museum of the Bible and creative performances celebrating the Bible.
Hall concluded his message by calling leaders to:
- Publicly join thousands and declare the Year of the Bible on social media.
- Engage in the Bible with resources and study tools.
- Create art and music around Year of the Bible.
- Gather in local and national events celebrating Year of the Bible.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details