Concerned Women for America (CWA) rallied at the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court Wednesday, March 4, to advocate for the rights of women and the unborn.
Pro-life advocates gathered for the "Protect Women—Protect Life" event in support of June Medical Services v. Russo, a law in Louisiana that requires abortionists to have admitting privileges at hospitals in case a woman has a medical emergency during an abortion. The law has drawn criticism from those in the abortion industry and pro-abortion advocates.
"We cannot say all life is important and ignore the threat posed to women by an abortion procedure," says Sancha Smith, a member of CWA of Louisiana. "I do not understand how the pro-choice lobby can claim to stand for women's health while working for this bill to be overturned."
CWA posted on Facebook during the rally, saying:
"We are currently at the steps of the @TheSupremeCourtoftheUnitedStates. We need to listen to women—not abortion providers. Abortion doctors are asking for a special exemption from the standard that applies to doctors at ambulatory surgical centers. Women deserve better than that."
During the rally, CWA President Penny Nance said abortionists advocating to overturn the Louisiana law were doing so with money in mind, not the safety of women.
"Consider the arguments going on inside this Court right now," she said. "They are fighting against a law seeking to ensure that the 'doctor' performing an abortion has both the ability and the expectation to follow up with a patient after serious complications from the procedure. Our friends on the other side should be fighting for such a law if they truly care about women!
"But most of them don't. The abortion industry is about the mighty dollar. Abortions are the priority, not women.
"In fact, they ignore women, when it doesn't suit their narrative. The vast majority of women support laws like the one in this case. According to a Knights of Columbus-Marist poll, 70 percent of Americans want doctors who perform abortions to be required to have hospital admitting privileges. This includes 71 percent of women.
"... We are here to make sure the Court hears our voices. We are asking them to stop allowing abortion businesses to challenge the common-sense laws we pass. The hundreds of thousands of women of Concerned Women for America stand with the people of Louisiana. We stand with the women of Louisiana! The Court should too."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details