A pastor's daughter, 27-year-old Renisha Ebony Lee, was shot and killed during a shooting Sunday in Orlando, Florida.
Stevelleo Stovall, pastor and anti-violence activist, says he and his wife "got a call that parent wants to have—no parent," reports WFTV. "Now it's me. It's me and my wife."
Police received a call around 6 p.m. Sunday about aggravated battery in the Palms Mobile Home Park, according to Fox News. When police arrived, they found Lee shot in her home. Lee was rushed to the hospital, where she died from her wounds.
"I've been in [that hospital] and talked to so many families, but now, here it is that I got to talk to my own wife," Stovall says. "I got to be the one to tell my wife that, look, Renisha died. She didn't make it. She's gone. We can't do nothing but call on the Lord, call on Jesus—that's been my strength, Jesus."
Stovall, who pastors a Full Gospel church called God Is Able Outreach, has a reputation for convincing felons to turn themselves in. He now pleads with his daughter's killer to do just that.
"I pray to God that you just turn yourself in," he says. "Please, please, bring us some peace. Bring us some peace because there's no way in the world a beautiful young lady like that should've been killed. And the way she was killed."
Officials have not yet released information regarding a motive. Witness and family of Lee say she was likely an unintended victim in the shooting.
As of Monday, Feb. 17, Police are offering up to $5,000 for anyone who has information about Lee's death.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.