Bible teacher Beth Moore says Priscilla Shirer is recovering well after having surgery on her left lung.
Moore posted the update in a video on Instagram, saying Shirer "did very, very well during the surgery."
"The surgeon said that it went absolutely according to plan, that her body is strong. And they have every anticipation that she'll heal up well. She'll spend the next couple of days in the hospital and will have a little recovery ahead. I know you'll keep praying for her. I did get to see her—[Christine Caine] and I did. And we just had the sweetest few minutes with her. She's just a rockstar to us, so dear and precious to us."
Moore only shared the basics and did not go into detail about Shirer's recovery out of respect for the family's privacy.
In the caption for her video, Moore wrote: "The last sentence that cut off was just to ask you to pray for a smooth and comfortable recovery and, I'd add to that, a time of respite for this family we all love so much. Your prayers MATTER. Keep them up."
During Shirer's surgery, Caine and Moore marched around the hospital, Bibles and anointing oil in hand, to pray for Shirer and the surgical team.
"Yes, we will no doubt march around the hospital 7 times like it's Jericho," Moore posted on Instagram. "We may stop short of praise dancing with banners in the waiting room."
Shirer announced her surgery on Friday, Jan. 10, after reports of her ill health started circulating on the internet.
"This past summer, it was clear that something surgical needed to be done as the nodule had begun to grow and show signs of dangerous irregularities," she wrote. "As you know, the past few months has been filled with a lot of difficulty for my entire family. For those reasons, the surgery was delayed but I cannot put it off any longer without jeopardizing my own health."
Shirer's mother, Lois Evans—wife of prominent pastor Dr. Tony Evans—passed away Dec. 30.
"Through it all, we still believe God," she says. "We are trusting Him for a favorable outcome and that I will return to full health personally and full function in ministry."
Please continue to pray for Shirer as she recovers from her surgery.
Watch Moore's full update below:
View this post on Instagram
From the back of a cab again! Solo this time. A brief and basic update on our dearly loved friend. The last sentence that cut off was just to ask you to pray for a smooth and comfortable recovery and, I'd add to that, a time of respite for this family we all love so much. Your prayers MATTER. Keep them up.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details