The debate continues: Has Chick-fil-A caved to pressure from the LGBT community? Or are conservative fans overreacting?
Franklin Graham is weighing in. The famed evangelist says that, after a conversation with Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, he is in the restaurant's corner.
Chick-fil-A faced heavy backlash after announcing they were shifting their donations away from organizations like the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) and the Paul Anderson Youth Home. Instead, according to Bisnow, Chick-fil-A will now focus its charitable efforts on organizations that directly deal with local issues such as education, hunger and homelessness.
Reports quickly circulated that this move was a direct response to the negative perception of Chick-fil-A's support of traditional marriage.
Graham took to Facebook to share his thoughts:
Has Chick-fil-A caved? Some are saying they've rolled over, that they've conceded to the LGBTQ protests because they released a statement about their charitable giving. They announced that in 2020 they're giving to fight hunger and homelessness and support education. What's wrong with that?
I picked up the phone and called Dan Cathy. Dan was very clear that they have not bowed down to anyone's demands, including the LGBTQ community. They will continue to support whoever they want to support. They haven't changed who they are or what they believe. Chick-fil-A remains committed to Christian values. Dan Cathy assured me that this isn't going to change. I hope all those who jumped to the wrong conclusion about them read this.
In my opinion, the gay movement wouldn't ever be happy with Chick-fil-A unless they were open on Sunday, gave all of their charitable donations to LGBTQ organizations, and flew the rainbow flag over their stores! Their hatred for Chick-fil-A is rooted in founder Truett Cathy's strong stand for biblical "traditional" values and his desire to honor God.
No fast food chain does a better job. I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A yesterday morning, and I thought I might get dinner there—but a whole lot of other people had the same idea! A Chick-fil-A sandwich with waffle fries sounds really good right now!
Meanwhile, a petition created by the American Family Association now has over 88,000 signatures. The petition expresses disappointment in Chick-fil-A's choice to stop donating to the Salvation Army, FCA and the Paul Anderson Youth Home in Georgia. It also demands that the restaurant clarify that they "still hold to biblical teachings regarding human sexuality, marriage and family, and reinstate these Christian ministries."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer