Hobby Lobby founder Steve Green's granddaughter, Zion, underwent emergency surgery today for a cancerous tumor.
Zion's parents, Michael and Lauren Green McAfee, found out their daughter had a tumor in her liver less than two months after adopting her.
The McAfees have been keeping their followers updated on social media, asking for prayers throughout the ordeal.
"Zion just came out of surgery - praise God," Lauren wrote on Facebook today. "Praise God, the surgeon said it could not have gone better. Praise God. We know this is because of the thousands and thousands praying for her. Her life continues to be a miracle. She will have a while of recovery so we are still in the midst of waiting for pathology, recovery and finding out [if] chemo is necessary. Please pray for her comfort and quick healing. But we are so grateful the big surgery went so well and they got all of the tumor out with comfortable margin."
According to Lauren's Facebook, she and Michael were high school sweethearts and have been married 10 years. During their seven-year-long adoption process, they discovered their struggle with infertility and were not able to conceive biological children.
A month and a half ago, though, they met Zion in China and adopted her. But on Nov. 6, the McAfees received a call from the doctor saying their daughter had cancer in her liver. Lauren says that this turn of events was not easy for her family.
"I am so amazed that we get to be Zion's parents through the miracle of adoption," she writes. "Michael and I love her so much. While we never imagined finding out she has cancer in the first month and a half of being her parents, we feel so honored that we are the ones that get to walk through this with her every step of the way."
In an earlier post, Lauren said the day of Zion's surgery was "the hardest 24 hours I've ever experienced." But despite the overwhelming nature of Zion's surgery, Lauren said she and her husband "serve a good and loving God. Thank you Jesus for your hope that goes beyond circumstances. We are leaning on God."
Please keep the McAfee family in your prayers as Zion recovers from her surgery.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer