TobyMac has asked people to contribute toward a charity he created in honor of his son, Truett Foster McKeehan, who died last week.
TobyMac and his wife, Amanda Levy McKeehan, set up the Truett Foster Foundation as a way to raise money for kids pursuing an education in music.
According to the charity's website, "Truett Foster McKeehan had an untamable grand personality and dreams to match. Since the age of 12, he knew he wanted to make music.
"Dreams are so important to kids growing-up. Too many children do not have the financial ability to pursue their dreams. We want to use this fund to help kids do just that: to get an education—to pursue music—to get the chance to chase their dreams. Truett would love that."
According to the website, 100% of donations will go toward funding scholarships so that vulnerable youth "may realize their God-given potential to change the lives of others." The website also says TobyMac and Amanda will prayerfully choose which young men and women receive the scholarships.
Truett reportedly died in his home. The 21-year-old was an aspiring Christian rapper who released music online under the names TRU, truDog, Truett Foster and Shiloh.
TobyMac interrupted his tour in Canada and postponed the rest of his concerts for that week to be with his wife and kids when he received news of his son's death.
"Truett Foster Mckeehan had joy that took the room when he entered," TobyMac wrote in a statement on Instagram. "He was a magnetic son and brother and friend. If you met him, you knew him, you remembered him. His smile, his laugh, the encouragement he offered with words or even without. He had an untamable grand personality and dreams to match. And he hated being put in a box.
"... Truett always had a soft spot for God. The Bible moved him. His heart was warm to the things of his King. He was by no means a cookie cutter Christian. But give me a believer who fights to keep believing. Give me a broken man who recognizes his need for a Savior every time. That's who Truett was and how he should be remembered.
"... Our last text exchange is shared above (swipe). My wife and I would want the world to know this ... We don't follow God because we have some sort of under-the-table deal with Him, like, we'll follow you if you bless us. We follow God because we love Him. It's our honor. He is the God of the hills and the valleys. And He is beautiful above all things."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details