Pastor Tony Evans is revealing some tragic news about his wife Lois Evans as she battles a "fiery trial" with cancer.
Evans, the senior pastor at the Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship church in Dallas, Texas, posted an image of a note to Instagram on Friday without a photo of him or his wife.
"Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I wanted to update our ministry friends and partners regarding my wife's medical condition," Evans wrote. "Lois spent all of last week in the hospital due to severe pain related to her biliary cancer. The doctors were able to manage the pain, and they released her from the hospital for home care.
"Yet, even though chemotherapy and radiation are no longer options, we still have total confidence in God's ability to supernaturally intervene and do what man is unable to do," Evans explained. "Our prayers are full of faith, hope and expectancy. We would appreciate you praying with that same spirit. While we wait on our miracle, Lois is continuing with natural therapies, supplemental treatments and is surrounded 24/7 with the love of her nuclear and extended family as well as the support of our church and national ministry.
"Thank you for your concern and prayers for us during this time of our fiery trial. We know God is still on the throne, and our faith is in Him and in His Word, and His love for us has not wavered in the least.
"God bless you, and thank you again for your support of me, my wife, our family and the ministry of The Urban Alternative."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details