Christian music artist TobyMac's oldest son died at home Tuesday night or Wednesday, according to the Tennessean. A cause of death has yet to be determined.
Truett Foster McKeehan, an aspiring rapper, was 21 years old when he died. He released his music under the names Truett Foster, truDog, TRU and Shiloh.
A representative confirmed that McKeehan passed away in his home in the Nashville area.
"Cause of death has not been determined," the representative said. "Toby was traveling back from Canada and did not get home to be with his family until after midnight last night so there is no statement. We just ask that everyone please be respectful of their privacy during this time and allow them to grieve their loss."
TobyMac left his weeklong tour in Canada to be with his wife and children, and the rest of his concerts for this week have been postponed.
"I'm writing to inform you of a recent situation that has caused us to have to stop the TobyMac Canadian Tour today," Unite Productions President Paul Kelly says in the email, according to CHVN Radio.
"This morning Toby received information of an emergency in his family, and he will be flying home to Nashville immediately."
After the Tennessean released its report, several have expressed their sadness over the McKeehan family's loss.
"We are saddened to hear this news," wrote Life 96.5 on Facebook. "Will you join us in prayer for Toby and his family?"
Brad Schmitt wrote on Twitter: "I'm so very sorry, @tobymac."
TobyMac released a song last year called "Scars" about how his relationship with his son changed as he started living on his own.
"Up to now, [our home's] been a safe harbor, a place of love," TobyMac tells the Tennessean. "And now, you know, I have my first kid leave home. He's going and facing this world ... To watch and see him get cut and get bruised, it's not easy."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details