President Trump spoke at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C., Saturday night, despite concern by Christians over his decision to pull troops out of Syria—leaving U.S. allies and Christians in the region without protection.
Pastor Andrew Brunson was also recognized at the event, where he was honored with the Cost of Discipleship Award. Brunson was falsely imprisoned for two years in Turkey for his faith.
President Trump helped free Pastor Brunson from captivity in Turkey, where he was a missionary for 24 years.
Pastor Brunson began the ceremony by praying for President Trump:
Father God, I ask now for an impartation of Your Holy Spirit; may the fullness of the Spirit of Jesus rest upon President Trump, that he be anointed with wisdom and understanding with Your counsel and might, with knowledge and fear of the Lord, and accordingly, may President Trump not judge by what he sees with his eyes or decide by what he hears with his ears or lean on his own understanding, but may he recognize Your prompting and move according to Your guidance.
I ask that You give the president supernatural discernment to know who is trustworthy and who is not. Bring into the light all deception and intrigue; expose and reverse the plans of those who would harm President Trump and this nation. In the name of Jesus, I break off all voices and influences that do not come from you, Father God. May Your truth and peace surround and reign in the White House.
God, You have raised President Trump to govern at a time when there is a resurgence of oppression. Only You, Lord Jesus Christ, can anoint him to have victories over strongholds and to establish justice for the needy. Give him strength and courage to persevere in the constant battle that surrounds him and refresh him.
Father God, I see that you have such a tender heart for President Trump. Draw him close to You. I ask now for an impartation of hunger for You so that he may love You with all his heart, soul, mind and strength and delight in knowing You. And if he came and whispered Your name, may he go forward shouting Your name. In Jesus' name, the name of my King, I bless you.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details