A Christian school is getting ready to open in a building that used to be a strip club, reports Fox News.
What used to be the Spearmint Rhino Gentlemen's Club in Trenton, Wisconsin, will soon become the Ozaukee Christian School (OCS).
The nondenominational school was founded in 1990, according to its website, but purchased the former strip club's building in time for the 2019-2020 school year.
"After months of phone conversations, emails and the abundant prayers of God's people, we were blessed with a signed purchase offer," OCS says on their website. "We have enjoyed getting to know Mr. Peter Garrell (attorney for Spearmint) and Ms. Joann Castillo (senior executive assistant) over these many months—and praying with them as well. It is a journey unlike anything we could have imagined. It is a story that only God could write."
OCS looked at 80 properties before finding Spearmint's building in January 2017. OCS says Spearmint wasn't initially interested in selling the property, but in July of that same year, the company changed its mind.
The school launched a fundraising campaign in April 2018, and since then has done multiple prayer walks at the property with staff, parents and alumni.
"Students regularly gathered to pray for the process along with a group of 140 'email prayer warriors' doing the same," OCS says.
OCS Administrator Kris Austin tells WCSI that God is the one behind this redemptive transformation.
"Women were turned into objects," he says. "To say now we're going to transfer that place into a place where boys and girls are raised to be our next leaders with character, right? That [they] are following God. ... We just think God is in the business of redemption. He redeems souls, and He can redeem and transform a building for His purposes. We just really pray for all the people who were there, both men and women, that they would know Jesus."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details