Those who only see Jesus as the gentle Lamb of God forget that He is also the fierce Lion of Judah. When Jesus said, "I am meek and lowly" (Matt. 11:29), He did not mean that He is soft, timid or weak. Rather, He is power under control.
Christ's humility reveals much about His matchless power and extravagant love. When He took on flesh, Jesus restrained His power—power that can create from nothing and utterly undo everything—choosing instead mercy and grace. When tempted, He remained without sin. When spat upon, He did not retaliate. Knowing His disciples would forsake Him, He washed their feet. What takes more power than to leave the glory of heaven and come to earth to save and serve undeserving sinners?
Don't misunderstand: Jesus also had moments where He expressed righteous anger. He rebuked the Pharisees for their legalism. He overturned the tables of those who had turned His Father's house into a marketplace. Whenever we see Jesus respond in anger, it is always righteous, always appropriate.
Jesus is not a passive teacher, a detached guru or a peace-loving hippie. In Revelation 1:12-18, we read that the glorified Christ has eyes of blazing fire, feet of bronze, a voice like rushing waters, a face like the sun and a sword coming out of His mouth. This image made the apostle John fall at his feet as though dead—and it should fill us with awe and wonder that such a great and holy God would give His life for us.
Prayer: Lord, You are the Lion and the Lamb, holy and humble, just and merciful. Thank You that You care for me—that You exert Your power for my good out of Your grace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Dr. Michael Youssef is leading the way for people living in spiritual darkness to discover the light of Christ. By passionately proclaiming uncompromising Truth through creative methods, Leading The Way's international team of experts is uniquely providing hope that is revolutionizing lives here at home and around the world.
For the original article, visit ltw.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details