Early Saturday morning, a shooter entered a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, and killed 20 people and injured 27 others. Authorities believe the gunman, a white 21-year-old named Patrick Crusius, was targeting the Hispanic community.
Police later discovered a racist manifesto allegedly written by Crusius. The essay condemns the "Hispanic invasion of America" and is filled with white supremacist language.
The Justice Department says it will charge Crusius with domestic terrorism and is considering federal hate crime and firearm charges.
The next morning in Dayton, Ohio, a gunman opened fire in a downtown area, killing nine people before being shot to death by police. The shooter's sister was among his victims.
President Donald Trump released an official statement condemning the shootings and ordering the White House flag be flown at half-staff in honor of the victims:
Our nation mourns with those whose loved ones were murdered in the tragic shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, and we share in the pain and suffering of all those who were injured in these two senseless attacks. We condemn these hateful and cowardly acts. Through our grief, America stands united with the people of El Paso and Dayton. May God be with the victims of these two horrific crimes and bring aid and comfort to their families and friends. As a mark of solemn respect for the victims of the terrible acts of violence perpetrated on Aug. 3, 2019, in El Paso, Texas, and on Aug. 4, 2019, in Dayton, Ohio, by the authority vested in me as president of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the federal government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its territories and possessions until sunset, Aug. 8, 2019. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
fourth day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the independence of the United States of America two hundred forty-fourth.
Donald J. Trump
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details