PragerU takes its battle against Big Tech companies like Google, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter to Washington, D.C., this week and next for the increasing amount of censorship of conservative voices.
PragerU representatives will participate in a social media summit hosted by the White House on Thursday. The summit aims to discuss accusations by conservatives that Big Tech platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube intentionally suppress their message. Recent Google insider revelations confirm such concerns, even outing a Google executive's hope their work would prevent "the next Trump situation." The leak cited PragerU by name, along with commentator Ben Shapiro and professor Jordan Petersen, labeling them as "Nazis using the dog whistles."
Speaking to the Washington Post last week about the White House's summit, PragerU's chief marketing officer Craig Strazzeri said, "Big tech needs to be held accountable for their actions, and the general public needs to be aware of what's going on."
Next Tuesday, PragerU's co-founder, Dennis Prager, will testify before the U.S. Senate's Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, chaired by Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas. His testimony is expected to highlight how online media targets conservatives like Prager University and seeks to remove their voices from the public square. He will recall how YouTube, a subsidiary of Google, has restricted over 100 PragerU videos and labeled them as "dangerous" or "derogatory." The censorship includes videos on subjects like the Ten Commandments and the founding of Israel. The tech company also prevents PragerU from monetizing many of its videos.
"We are living through the greatest assault on free speech in American history," Dennis Prager told Fox & Friends last month. "If it's pro-America, if it's pro-Israel, if it's pro-religion, it's likely to be censored by Google/YouTube."
PragerU presently has two active lawsuits against the tech giant, one in federal court and another in California state court. Oral arguments in PragerU's federal lawsuit against Google have been scheduled by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for Aug. 27.
"We're confident the law will uphold our right, the right of all Americans, to freely express our thoughts and opinions without fear of censorship and look forward to vindication in court," says PragerU CEO Marissa Streit. "For now, the battle lies in exposing Big Tech's foul play for everyone to see."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer