PragerU takes its battle against Big Tech companies like Google, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter to Washington, D.C., this week and next for the increasing amount of censorship of conservative voices.
PragerU representatives will participate in a social media summit hosted by the White House on Thursday. The summit aims to discuss accusations by conservatives that Big Tech platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube intentionally suppress their message. Recent Google insider revelations confirm such concerns, even outing a Google executive's hope their work would prevent "the next Trump situation." The leak cited PragerU by name, along with commentator Ben Shapiro and professor Jordan Petersen, labeling them as "Nazis using the dog whistles."
Speaking to the Washington Post last week about the White House's summit, PragerU's chief marketing officer Craig Strazzeri said, "Big tech needs to be held accountable for their actions, and the general public needs to be aware of what's going on."
Next Tuesday, PragerU's co-founder, Dennis Prager, will testify before the U.S. Senate's Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, chaired by Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas. His testimony is expected to highlight how online media targets conservatives like Prager University and seeks to remove their voices from the public square. He will recall how YouTube, a subsidiary of Google, has restricted over 100 PragerU videos and labeled them as "dangerous" or "derogatory." The censorship includes videos on subjects like the Ten Commandments and the founding of Israel. The tech company also prevents PragerU from monetizing many of its videos.
"We are living through the greatest assault on free speech in American history," Dennis Prager told Fox & Friends last month. "If it's pro-America, if it's pro-Israel, if it's pro-religion, it's likely to be censored by Google/YouTube."
PragerU presently has two active lawsuits against the tech giant, one in federal court and another in California state court. Oral arguments in PragerU's federal lawsuit against Google have been scheduled by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for Aug. 27.
"We're confident the law will uphold our right, the right of all Americans, to freely express our thoughts and opinions without fear of censorship and look forward to vindication in court," says PragerU CEO Marissa Streit. "For now, the battle lies in exposing Big Tech's foul play for everyone to see."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details