Beth Chapman, wife of Duane "Dog" Chapman, died on Wednesday, June 26, at age 51 from throat cancer. The couple starred in the reality show, Dog The Bounty Hunter.
Duane revealed this week that her final words were a prayer.
"When she had an attack, I didn't know anything to do but to say 'in Jesus' name' and hold her, and when I said, 'in Jesus' name' she said, 'Say it again, say it more,' " Duane said. "And then she told the girls and everybody, with her mouth—she came out of it a couple times—'I love you' and 'Are you guys all OK? Don't worry,' but she never accepted it."
"One of the last things she said [was] 'It's a test of my faith.' She had faith, and that was it. There's things you go through when you're dying, like steps like you do when you lose someone, right? You get mad at them, and then you go through all these steps," Duane said.
After Beth's death, Duane said he is wrestling with his faith.
"I hope to God there is a God. I trained myself [to think] 'What would Jesus do?' and I hope I'm not just talking to myself," Duane said. "I hope there is a God and if there is, I'm gonna see my honey again. That's all we can do is hope."
According to Hawaii News Now, the Chapmans had two children together, but they had a total of 12 children, 15 grandchildren and one great-grandchild between them.
Funeral details have yet to be announced.
Listen to the podcasts for incredible testimonies of people who found hope, despite cancer diagnoses.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer