As the LGBTQ agenda has been front and center during Pride Month in June, the American Family Association (AFA, afa.net) is alerting parents about the concerted effort to normalize homosexuality, same-sex marriage and the transgender lifestyle to the country's youngest citizens.
"Parents beware," said AFA President Tim Wildmon, "the LGBT social-political agenda is out there. We all see it every day, but it is targeting our children and teenagers, and the agenda is being promoted in the mainstream popular culture. These recruiting efforts are aimed at children and teens because they are impressionable. Many adults may not change their minds on the issue, so the agenda is being pushed through previously unconventional means, such as kids' television programming, clothing, shoes, teen magazines, blockbuster movies and even public libraries. Leaders and advocates of this agenda have been thinking ahead for many years, ultimately working toward the end game of having young people eventually vote for pro-LGBT policies at the ballot box."
AFA is pointing to several examples of an agenda-driven assault on young Americans:
- This spring, the tax-funded PBS Kids aired a gay marriage on the Arthur cartoon. For its season premiere, the animated series revealed that one of its longtime main characters and Arthur's teacher, Mr. Ratburn, was gay and getting married.
- Target department stores are not only offering clothing and accessories for both adults and children to celebrate the gay lifestyle, but the company has also pledged to donate $100,000 to the Gay, Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN), an organization whose primary focus is instructing school-aged students about how to create "gay" clubs in public schools across the nation. For more than two years, AFA has led the #BoycottTarget initiative due to the retailer's dangerous ill-advised restroom and fitting room policy that opens the door to voyeurs in the name of political correctness.
- Converse exploited an 11-year-old boy, Desmond, who describes himself as a "drag kid," to show the company is "connected to the LGBTQ+ community" and to promote its "Pride Collection." Child Protective Services investigated the boy's family after a video of him performing in drag at a gay club in Brooklyn surfaced. This comes at a time, reports AFA's blog site, The Stand, when children are being bombarded with the idea that they have the right to control their "sexuality." For instance, Teen Vogue recently published an op-ed on "Why Sex is Real Work" in an attempt to glamorize prostitution.
- A gay character was seemingly shoe-horned into a scene in the blockbuster Marvel film Avengers: Endgame to satisfy the LGBT agenda and reach a younger audience.
- Drag Queen Story Hours have been planned at local public and school libraries nationwide over the past year. The disturbing events involve men dressed up as garishly adorned women who read LGBTQ-themed books to young children under the guise of performing a public service. Some drag queens have admitted their goal is to "groom" the next generation.
"Christian parents and grandparents, we must remain vigilant," Wildmon added. "If you have young children or teenagers even, be aware that these kinds of attacks are coming from mainstream media products like magazines, movies, music and more, often in a subtle and underhanded way. We must pray for our young people—that they will stay close to the Word of God and its never-changing truth."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.