Elections have consequences, and as The New York Times reported last Sunday, to the winners go the spoils.
Evangelical leader and Southern Evangelical Seminary (SES, ses.edu) President Dr. Richard Land pointed to a new "tradition" in the U.S. House of Representatives, thanks to the new Democrat-majority decision-makers.
Ending witness testimony with "So help me God" is a thing of the past.
"Several Democrat chairmen have decided they will decline to have witnesses be sworn for testimony with 'I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God,'" Land said in a recent installment of his daily radio feature, "Bringing Every Thought Captive." "'So help me God' has been omitted now. It has been used for generations by both Democratic and Republican majorities. But now the last four words, 'So help me God,' have been deleted by the new Democratic majority."
At SES, students delve into classroom discussions about topics just like these through the recent addition of the "Philosophy, Politics and Economics" program. Offered primarily at just a few top-tier universities around the world, the PPE program introduces students to the Christian worldview of how philosophy, politics and economics intersect, focusing on the works of Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Henry Hazlitt, Karl Marx, Thomas Aquinas, Robert Sirico, Jay Richards and others.
Land went on to say that one Democrat Subcommittee Chairman, Steve Cohen of Tennessee, said, "I think God belongs in religious institutions in temple, in church, in cathedral, in mosque, but not in Congress."
"The new, far more liberal Democrat Party wants to segregate religious belief from public places, including government bodies," Land said. "What's next? Removing 'one nation under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance, removing the Senate and House chaplains, and banning the House and the Senate from being opened with prayer?
"Long journeys begin with single steps," Land said, "and this is one more indication of the new Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Democratic Party and where they want to lead the nation. They want to segregate religion, ostracize it and minimize its influence. Is this really where the majority of Americans want to go? I hope and pray that is not the case—'So help me God.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer