Evangelist Franklin Graham is once again challenging the comments about Christianity and homosexuality that were made recently by Democratic presidential candidate Mayor Pete Buttigieg.
Buttigieg has been critical of Christian leaders like Vice President Mike Pence who stand for the biblical definition of marriage. Buttigieg, a homosexual, is married to another man.
Pence had never attacked Buttigieg, but as CBN News has reported, Buttigieg made it sound like he did. "I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand, that if you have a problem with who I am, your quarrel is not with me," Buttigieg said earlier this month. "Your quarrel, sir, is with my Creator."
Answering multiple comments Buttigieg made about God, Graham tweeted, "Presidential candidate & South Bend Mayor @PeteButtigieg is right—God doesn't have a political party. But God does have commandments, laws & standards He gives us to live by. God doesn't change. His Word is the same yesterday, today & forever."
Graham continued, "Mayor Buttigieg says he's a gay Christian. As a Christian I believe the Bible which defines homosexuality as sin, something to be repentant of, not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized. The Bible says marriage is between a man & a woman—not two men, not two women."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer