Justin Bieber asked for prayers over the weekend, telling social media followers that he's been struggling with feeling disconnected.
View this post on Instagram
Just wanted to keep you guys updated a little bit hopefully what I'm going through will resonate with you guys. Been struggling a lot. Just feeling super disconnected and weird.. I always bounce back so I'm not worried just wanted to reach out and ask for your guys to pray for me. God is faithful and ur prayers really work thanks .. the most human season I've ever been in facing my stuff head on..
The singer married Hailey Baldwin last year.
People magazine reported in February that Bieber was receiving treatment for depression.
"He has good help around him and is receiving some treatment. He seems confident he will feel better soon," a source told the magazine.
Bieber has openly talked about his battle with depression for years.
"I got really depressed on tour," Bieber told Vogue for his recent cover story with his wife. "I haven't talked about this, and I'm still processing so much stuff that I haven't talked about. I was lonely. I needed some time."
He continued: "I'm the emotionally unstable one. I struggle with finding peace. I just feel like I care so much and I want things to be so good and I want people to like me. Hailey's very logical and structured, which I need. I've always wanted security—with my dad being gone sometimes when I was a kid, with being on the road. With the lifestyle I live, everything is so uncertain. I need one thing that's certain. And that"—he picks up her hand—"is my baby boo."
Bieber even told Vogue that he believes some of his emotional turmoil is generational.
Ahead of the interview, Bieber attended a week-long intensive therapy process that he says he was not comfortable with.
"There were these seances," he said. "Or not really seances but these traditions. They light candles, and it kind of freaked me out. You sit on a mat, you put a pillow down, and you beat your past out of it. I beat the fact that my mom was depressed a lot of my life and my dad has anger issues. Stuff that they passed on that I'm kind of mad they gave me."
As for his weekend Instagram post, several people commented with their prayers and love, including pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr., fashion designer Jerry Lorenzo, fitness expert Mikey Arana, actor Patrick Schwarzenegger and more.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.