When five young missionaries were brutally murdered on an Ecuadorian beach in January 1956, headlines blared. Millions mourned. And believers worldwide recognized the newest generation of martyrs.
When 26-year-old missionary John Allen Chau met a similar fate on a remote beach on North Sentinel Island in November 2018, the internet exploded. Controversy swirled. And believers worldwide wondered: Was Chau a martyr—or a careless young man caught up in misguided heroics?
In this exclusive episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network, Dr. Steve Greene presents an insider's view of this tragic yet triumphant story.
Learn about John Chau from missionary colleagues, college professors and others who knew him well. Hear insights from missiologists along with the personal history behind his determination to reach, as Oral Roberts University President Dr. Billy Wilson says, "what he thought was the most isolated people group in the world related to the gospel of Jesus."
"John was just taking the Great Commission very seriously," says David Shibley, founder of Global Advance. "Young people are impassioned by a sense of injustice. And I think the greatest injustice is that a person can live on this planet and not hear the gospel.
"The most basic of all human rights is the right to hear the gospel, the right to know that God loves these people and that Christ died for them. I honor the life of John Chau," Shibley says. "We need to remember our Lord's promise. In Revelation 2:10, Jesus said, 'Be faithful unto death and I will give to you a crown of life.' I'm very confident that John Chau receives that crown."
Listen to Chau's compelling story at the link below and prepare to find yourself challenged and inspired by his life, death and passion for the lost. (For the entire transcript of the John Allen Chau podcast, click here.)
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details