Challenges plagued director and actor Nick Loeb as he began to tell the true story about the landmark case, Roe v. Wade.
Cast and crew walked off-set. Facebook censored shares. A synagogue locked them out. But still, Loeb knew the story must be told and would not be deterred.
"The shoot was a little tumultuous, but we also reap the rewards of being on the right side," Loeb tells Charisma. "We had a lot of people work for free. People gave money, donated. People offered their homes, locations. We had an outpouring of support from people who believed in what we're doing."
Now, Roe v. Wade is in the final stages of production, with a potential screening tentatively scheduled for the National Religious Broadcasters convention this summer.
"We went out to make a Hollywood movie, not a small independent, preachy, pro-life film," Loeb says.
"It is full of action, suspense ... shootings. There's car chases, there's police, there's conspiracy. Compared to a lot of faith-based films out there today, we've got an incredible cast that all of us grew up with."
In addition to Loeb, the film stars Jon Voight, Robert Davi, Stacey Dash, Jamie Kennedy, Joey Lawrence, Corbin Bernsen, Steve Guttenberg and more.
Loeb says the film is so powerful that even the editor, who is pro-choice, is now having second thoughts about abortion.
Although the mainstream press seems to be decrying the film, Loeb sees a silver lining.
"The more you say 'boycott,' it's like a little kid, telling him, 'no,' right? More people are going to want to see it. It's sort of like the mainstream media telling everybody that Trump is horrible and don't support him. The more they do that, the more support he gets."
Loeb says the film's ultimate goal is to overturn its namesake case.
How can a single film do that? Loeb says he has history on his side.
"So in 1989, there was a Supreme Court case, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, and this was going up to the Supreme Court," Loeb says.
"And as soon as this was in the works, Hollywood quickly went into action to make a pro-choice Roe v. Wade movie with the goal of influencing the media influence the people to essentially influence the courts. And that was what they did. I mean, this is what they've been doing for years. And as you see in our movie, even for Roe, this is what a lot of the characters did during the movement. They utilize the media to achieve their goal in the courts. And so this is our time to use the media to achieve our goal in the courts. And at the end of the day—when people see the movie and realize how the case was decided, how it was affected and what really happened—people will be outraged and hoping to overturn Roe v. Wade."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details