Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is set to bring the First Step Act to the floor this week in a move that should be heralded by the faith community, Pastor Jentezen Franklin says.
The First Step Act is a prison-reform bill that would allow non-violent offenders to prepare for life after they are released from prison.
What's more, the Free Chapel leader says, is the legislation is a critical weapon of spiritual warfare to break the enemy's schemes.
"This is dealing with generational curses, not only of behavior, but even of poverty and education and illiteracy and on and on and on," Franklin says. "Many of the people that that First Step Act will help are the undereducated. These people have for generations been locked into communities and systems that did not allow them to even dream and get them a decent-paying job. I'm very excited about it. I feel like it's the greatest thing that could impact generations that has happened in, honestly, in my lifetime. I've been involved in politics to a minimal degree, but more so with this administration because the door has been opened more. But this is not even a political issue. It's a human issue. It's a family issue."
The First Step Act will also grant faith-based organizations and ministries more access to prisons where revival is breaking out in incredible numbers.
Thousands of prisoners gave their hearts to God in 2017, Franklin says, and prison ministries around the country are reporting astounding results.
"The revival that's breaking out behind the bars has to do with the numbers of people in prison," Franklin says. "With so many people in prison, people are desperate, prisoners are desperate. And that desperation makes people turn to God."
To see the heart of God prevail, Franklin says Americans must act today and contact their congressmen ahead of the bill's vote.
Listen to the podcast to hear more.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details