The Congress of Christian Leaders (CCL) announced on Thursday its first group of board members in advance of its planned inaugural meeting later this year.
The CCL is a new, representative body for evangelicals and other Christian leaders within the United States and abroad. Anchored in an unwavering commitment to righteousness and justice, the organization is focused on building Gospel unity across the global body of Christ through collaboration, advocacy, proclamation and service. It is an organization committed to taking a "reasoned" approach that is "unifying, missional, objective, non-partisan, global and biblical."
The initial group of board members represents some of the largest Christian movements in the entire world with collective influence exceeding many millions of Christians on six continents. Some of these movements are of great, historic consequence, representing the leading edge of a global, evangelical movement that has grown exponentially over the last half-century, particularly in Central and South America.
"What I love the most about this initial set of board members is that they lead or are deeply connected to vast local church communities around the world," Rev. Johnnie Moore said. "The CCL is not meant to replace or even subsidize the work of the global church but to bring together leaders and to serve those leaders and their communities. This group can move mountains; actually, they can move continents."
The board nominees are expected to join Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, chairman, and Rev. Johnnie Moore, president, as governing board members during the organization's first meeting later this year. This announcement represents the first of several rounds of board members to be announced in the coming weeks.
"It is really impossible to surmise the influence of those on this list. Simply put, these leaders are not only notable Christian pastors but leaders whose influence far transcends the Christian community in their respective countries," Rev. Rodriguez said. "It is an indication of the energy coalescing around the mission of the Congress of Christian Leaders, and an affirmation that this is a vision from God and for now."
Today's set of board announcements include:
- At Boshoff, Christian Revival Church, South Africa
- Tiago Brunet, da Casa Destino, Brazil
- Joseph D'Souza, The Good Shepherd Church, India
- Russell Evans, Planetshakers, Australia
- Leon Fontaine, Springs Church, Canada
- Jentezen Franklin, Free Chapel, United States
- Fermin Garcia, Grupo de Unidad Christiana de Mexico, Mexico
- Jack Graham, Prestonwood Baptist Church, United States
- Sergio Hornung, Comunidad Cristiana Agua Viva, Peru
- David Ingman, Comunidad de Fe, Ecuador
- Canon J. John, evangelist, United Kingdom
- Greg Laurie, Harvest Christian Fellowship, United States
- Cash Luna, Casa de Dios, Guatemala
- Peter Mortlock, City Impact Church, New Zealand
- John Milton Rodriguez, Mision Paz a las Naciones, Colombia
- Wanda Rolon, Iglesia La Senda Antigua, Puerto Rico
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.