Author and Pastor Mark Driscoll issues an invitation to Christians to experience a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit in his upcoming book, Spirit-Filled Jesus: Live by His Power, to be released Oct. 2, 2018, by Charisma House ($22.99, ISBN-13: 978-1-62999-522-9).
"It is common for Christians to speak about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ," Driscoll writes. "Jesus, however, lived His life by a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit ... His (Jesus') name 'Christ' literally means the one anointed with the person, presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
"The purpose of this book is to help readers think deeply about the Spirit-filled life of Jesus, so they can live by His power," the author continues. "The order is crucial and biblical—first think about Jesus and then, think about you. So, if we want to live like Jesus, we need to live through the power of the Holy Spirit."
According to Driscoll, the book has been nearly 30 years in the making as he has studied and taught the Bible. Over time, he has learned the rewards of submitting to the Holy Spirit, and he wants to share the wisdom he has gained with others.
"As the 'Son of Man,' Jesus experienced what you are experiencing; you have access to the same power to overcome what you are facing. We need to live kingdom down, not culture up," Driscoll said.
The book explores topics such as:
- Forgiving people;
- Being emotionally healthy;
- Having healthy relationships;
- Overcoming temptation;
- Having a godly family and
- Living by God's power in all of life.
Driscoll writes that "there is no possibility of being emotionally healthy without a deep, intimate, personal relationship with the Holy Spirit."
He devotes two chapters each to forgiveness and suffering, noting that "your greatest ministry comes from your deepest pain."
"When an awful experience occurs, one person uses it as an excuse to be a horrible person for the rest of their life," Driscoll writes. "Another person uses the same experience as a catalyst for their greatest personal growth and health."
In a chapter titled "Forgiven People Should Forgive," he notes that forgiveness flows from God to us by way of the Holy Spirit.
"The Holy Spirit empowered Jesus to die in your place for the forgiveness of your sins," Driscoll writes. "The Holy Spirit then brings you the forgiveness purchased by Jesus and enables you to forgive others. ..."
For more information about the book, please visit spiritfilledjesus.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details