Most people today consider dolls to be collectibles or children's toys. But Kimberly Daniels thinks twice about having one in the house. In her book, Breaking the Power of Familiar Spirits: How to Deal With Demonic Conspiracies (June 5, 2018), Daniels writes on how evil spirits operate under covers that make up our everyday lives. From fashion to furniture, from trends to traditions, and from rituals to dolls, Daniels shows how the familiar areas of our lives can harbor demonic influences. One of these areas is fetishes.
"Most idolatry is rooted in fetishism," Daniels writes. "Simply put, a fetish is an object with a spirit attached to it. If we're not vigilant, we can open doors to familiar spirits in our lives and homes simply by the items we possess and the practices we keep."
In writing on fetishism and idolatry, Daniels goes back in history to when dolls had spiritual value attached to them. In religions and occult practices, dolls were used as supernatural intermediaries to confer favor, represent gods and enact witchcraft.
Daniels warns readers to avoid things with occult origins, as they give the enemy access points into our homes. The subtle yet familiar influences can be especially damaging because they can go undetected in your life for years. Breaking the Power of Familiar Spirits shows why the church must no longer view the world with only natural eyes. Christians must see what hides within the spiritual realm.
"If you create an atmosphere of holiness and seek God," Daniels says, "everything that is not like God will come out of hiding and be exposed."
Kimberly Daniels is a former city council member in Jacksonville, Florida, and a current member of the Florida House of Representatives. She is a sought-after conference speaker and preacher and is the pastor of Spoken Word Ministries in North Florida. Her athletic ability and military background give her an ability to release strategies to the body of Christ that promote discipline, endurance, and deliverance. She graduated from Florida State University and Jacksonville Theological Seminary and is the author of several books, including From a Mess to a Miracle; Clean House, Strong House; Give It Back; Prayers That Bring Change and Selah.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer