Most people today consider dolls to be collectibles or children's toys. But Kimberly Daniels thinks twice about having one in the house. In her book, Breaking the Power of Familiar Spirits: How to Deal With Demonic Conspiracies (June 5, 2018), Daniels writes on how evil spirits operate under covers that make up our everyday lives. From fashion to furniture, from trends to traditions, and from rituals to dolls, Daniels shows how the familiar areas of our lives can harbor demonic influences. One of these areas is fetishes.
"Most idolatry is rooted in fetishism," Daniels writes. "Simply put, a fetish is an object with a spirit attached to it. If we're not vigilant, we can open doors to familiar spirits in our lives and homes simply by the items we possess and the practices we keep."
In writing on fetishism and idolatry, Daniels goes back in history to when dolls had spiritual value attached to them. In religions and occult practices, dolls were used as supernatural intermediaries to confer favor, represent gods and enact witchcraft.
Daniels warns readers to avoid things with occult origins, as they give the enemy access points into our homes. The subtle yet familiar influences can be especially damaging because they can go undetected in your life for years. Breaking the Power of Familiar Spirits shows why the church must no longer view the world with only natural eyes. Christians must see what hides within the spiritual realm.
"If you create an atmosphere of holiness and seek God," Daniels says, "everything that is not like God will come out of hiding and be exposed."
Kimberly Daniels is a former city council member in Jacksonville, Florida, and a current member of the Florida House of Representatives. She is a sought-after conference speaker and preacher and is the pastor of Spoken Word Ministries in North Florida. Her athletic ability and military background give her an ability to release strategies to the body of Christ that promote discipline, endurance, and deliverance. She graduated from Florida State University and Jacksonville Theological Seminary and is the author of several books, including From a Mess to a Miracle; Clean House, Strong House; Give It Back; Prayers That Bring Change and Selah.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details