Cyber experts have warned that within the next two or three weeks, the U.S. and other countries may face an even more widespread and damaging infrastructure cyberattack.
Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said in a Pentagon briefing that there has been a "2,000 percent increase in Russian trolls in the last 24 hours," following the coordinated military strike against Syria, according to the Christian Emergency Network (christianemergencynetwork.org).
In May, 2017 Cyber Command Commander and Director of the National Security Agency, Admiral Mike Rogers, told Congress he was concerned about foreign nations using attacks against critical infrastructures that run the electric grid, financial systems, communications networks, the transportation systems and other key infrastructure systems.
Rogers warned of foreign nations attacking the U.S. using cyberattacks as "trial balloons" to determine vulnerabilities or to damage our critical infrastructure for a prolonged period of time.
Mary Marr of CEN said: "In a world, which has largely disavowed the sovereignty of God and dismissed the master 'first responder,' what can and should Christians do given a highly complex and broadly based threat such as this?"
In a media release, Marr says:
For those who place their trust in Christ alone we are not as those without Hope. We put on the armor of God Ephesians 6:10-29; trust in His protection Psalm 91; and employ the power of prayer! We don't sit idly by wringing our hands or feel helpless. Rather, we go on the offensive Acts 1:9, and communicate with those who will listen how to be ready 'for such a time as this'—sharing Jesus Christ in word and deed.
We have the good news of the Gospel, which brings Hope to the hopeless in any crisis. And, we have peace that passes all understanding despite what may be going on around us. Armed with the right Power, right Message and right Peace, who can stand against? It's time to be Aware, be Ready and be There—sharing Christ!
- Keep your gas tanks filled, have cash on hand and re-supply your go bag
- Back up your data and practice your safety, emergency and continuity plan
- Practice your community-wide, building or facility power outage plan with local churches, ministries and first responders
- For all those in authority to be honest, courageous and willing to take on even unpopular positions in order to protect innocent lives from further pain, chaos and destruction.
- For evildoers who seek to divide, destroy and create distrust among believers and that the mouths of the lions will be shut.
- For nonbelievers by communicating this is a time to be ready spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
- For family and friends by sending them a copy of ReadyChristian, available from CEN.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.