Speculation is rising about what's next―or better yet, who's next―in the life of Queen Elsa from Disney's 2013 animated film Frozen.
A sequel to the hit film is set to release in Nov. 2019, and now an interview with the film's writer and co-director, Jennifer Lee, in the Huffington Post raises the possibility that Elsa could be getting a girlfriend.
The movement started when fans and LGBTQ activists grabbed a hold of the film's hit song "Let It Go" as their "coming out anthem"―and once a sequel was announced, social media became flooded with the hashtag "GiveElsaAGirlfriend." Petitions even circulated to give the character a female love interest.
When Lee was asked about whether or not she was going to officially inaugurate Elsa into the LGBTQ community, she said the film's team has been discussing the possibility.
"I love everything people are saying and people are thinking about with our film," she told the Post. "That it's creating dialogue, that Elsa is this wonderful character that speaks to so many people."
She continued, "Where we're going with it, we have tons of conversations about it, and we're really conscientious about these things."
The Huffington Post also wrote that Idina Menzel, who voices Queen Elsa, said she's "excited people are talking about the possibility."
LGBTQ activists are already flooding social media in support of the idea.
Frozen 2 would join other recent Disney creations that have received attention for being pro-LGTBQ, including the remake of Beauty and the Beast in 2017, the introduction of a lesbian character on the Disney cartoon Doc McStuffins, and issues with Finding Dory.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details