The mass school shooting that took place in South Florida was a tragic act of violence that shows demonic activity is alive. This shooting was purely from Satan. It was anti-God. It was evil. We have a desperate need for God's peace.
Now is the time to turn to God in prayer. I encourage you to pray through several psalms as you process what happened at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County, Florida.
How Should You Pray, in Response to the Shooting?
- Pray for God's peace and comfort to fall upon all affected. Pray Psalm 86:17, "Show me a sign of your favor, that those who hate me may see and be put to shame because you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me."
- Pray that this trend of school and church shootings would cease, via the power of God and wisdom of police and security experts. Pray Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and one who loves violence His soul hates."
- Pray that American politicians would unite in the midst of this tragedy and work together to lead a safer country instead of fighting and blaming. Pray that politicians would not seek to destroy their "political enemies" in the heat of this proverbial summer. Pray Psalm 32:3-4, "When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy on me; my strength was changed into the drought of summer. Selah."
- Pray that Christians would respond to this in compassionate ways instead of using this event to merely push opinions of gun control. Pray Psalm 116:5, "Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; indeed, our God is merciful."
- Pray for a sweeping revival to come to America. We must come back to God. Pray Psalm 9:9, "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."
Jeremy Roberts is the lead pastor at Brushy Creek Baptist Church in Taylors, South Carolina.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details