In a shocking policy announcement, Walgreens has directed its stores to allow men full and unrestricted access to women's restrooms in its 8,100 stores.
The American Family Association (AFA, afa.net), known for its highly successful, 1.5 million signature-strong #BoycottTarget initiative for a similar dangerous and misguided policy, recently issued an Action Alert about Walgreens to its more than one million friends and supporters.
"Since a similar public policy was announced by Target stores nearly two years ago, dozens of women and children have been victimized by male predators inside Target stores," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "Walgreens' new policy could potentially result in female customers becoming victims of voyeurism, sexual assault and physical attack. This is yet another example of corporations bowing to a leftist, PC-driven agenda, as Walgreens caved to pressure from the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California."
On Nov. 17, 2017, Walgreens distributed this memo stating, "All individuals have a right to use restroom facilities that correspond to the individual's gender identity, regardless of the individual's sex assigned at birth."
"As AFA has stated many times," Wildmon concluded, "in light of the policies at both Walgreens and Target, our worries do not stem from fear of the transgender community, but rather, from both the real and potential threat that predators and voyeurs would take advantage of these bathroom policies to harm women and children—and there are plenty of incidents to show that they have."
Those concerned about Walgreens' policy can take action in several ways:
- Sign AFA's petition urging Walgreens to immediately reverse its dangerous policy that allows men unrestricted access into women's restrooms. Thus far, more than 82,000 have signed.
- To make your voice heard even more, call Walgreens' corporate office at (800) 925-4733 and share your concerns.
- If you are a Walgreens' customer, contact your local store manager; find local store numbers here.
Americans can still take part in #BoycottTarget as well:
- Keep the commitment to no longer shop at Target if you are one of the 1.5 million who have signed the pledge.
- Sign the #BoycottTarget pledge, if you haven't already.
- Encourage family and friends to sign the pledge, too, as boycott numbers climb over 1.5 million.
- Voice your concerns on Target's Facebook page.
- Call Target to politely let its executives know you've signed the #BoycottTarget pledge—Guest Relations, (800) 440-0680, option 1, then 1 again.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!